my media consumption

MY MEDIA CONSUMPTION


NEWSPAPER:

  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?

I do not read any newspapers.


  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?

If I were to read the newspaper I would probably turn to the most recent and shocking headline just to see what's happening in the world.


  • What sections do you never read, and why?

I wouldn't read the sections about the national/international news as I'm only interested in news that's to do with my country or neighbourhood.


  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?

 I don't usually read any stories.


  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?

no one buys the newspaper.


  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?

 I look at BBC News on my phone if I see an interesting headline.




MAGAZINES:

  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly? Why/why not?

none


  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

none



TELEVISION:

  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?

I'd say about 2-4 at most


  • What device do you use to watch television?

TV


  • What times of day do you usually watch television?

At around 6pm


  • What programmes do you like best and why?

I don't watch TV but I do enjoy true crime documentaries and historical movies.



  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?

I usually watch TV with my parents and we collectively decide what we watch.


  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)

I watch all 3 depending on what time of day I decide to watch TV.



RADIO:

  • Do you listen to the radio?

Only on holiday


  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?

Mostly just listen to capitol 


  • Do you listen to podcasts?

rarely

  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently? 
don't remember
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
none
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
zero
  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
i don't
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
sleep
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?

no


Film:

  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
Oppenheimer
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
Dhamer series on Netflix
  • Who else watched the films with you?
my friends and dad
  • Who decided what films to watch?
me
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?

my phone or TV

Online:

  • How often do you access the internet?
too often
  • Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc.
everywhere
  • What are the main sites that you access?
youtube
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
entertainment
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
eating
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
phone
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
youtube, discord or snapchat
Final section: reflection:

  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
internalise it 
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
I wont
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.

BBC bitsize, Tiktok and instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representation

Introduction to feminism

Feminist theory